jueves, 29 de abril de 2021

Big E

the desire to provoke
--the continual need
to hear a singular voice
What's behind that shocking message
that's so important to be said?
Sex sells, an obvious ploy to make oneself  heard,
and the profane undoubtedly will arouse 
but what lies beneath all the rubbish
-a lackluster insolent way of communication-
paste that sign, it'll get more recognition
or is it that society has become too easily offended
and like an over protective parent
begs to make our choices
I prefer the sound of the rain,
the voice of the wind,
the roar of the hearth embracing fire
simple little me
it's not as if I never choose to shout
and yes, my vocabulary often lacks gentile finesse.
I'd rather build bridges,
mend fences
than obliterate the peace that costs so much
to cultivate within
 


No hay comentarios:

return

Sea of Dreams