martes, 6 de abril de 2021

Deep Dive

Straying far from shore
has never been my style,
I crave the stability of my feet touching the ground.
Although I often choose to float gracefully as the clouds pass by.
Then came the instant when I pondered going deeper
although I resisted,
all urge to go from a depth that required assistance.
I plunged, from that very depth which I had long been accostumed to.
No tanks, nor appendage that were not my own,
except for the googles which revealed my course.
One deep breath, I slowly descended.
Water subtly pushing on my lungs as I continued to submerge.
I closed my eyes, counted to ten and let myself wade gently down.
In the distance I saw a small glimmer and followed the unknown course.
Beneath the surface, a tunnel  that I carefully allowed myself to follow along.
My body gently slid through, to the right, a bit to the left, further down I went.
Into the light an immense opening emerged
and I found myself again, amongst the earth
lush, unencumbered, free of its own.
I'd believed that  I'd found paradise
lest I forget that one island from my past
Damp cold cavernous, shivered me to the bone
as I longed to be, once more in the sun's warm embrace
Again,  shutting out life and love, my eyes I close again
deep breaths, 1, 2, 3...  4, 5, 6, 7...I shall return to me.
And from the depths I ascend
farther off shore than I'd ever been 
in the distance, the island I now see
and I gently glide back to the bank, gracious beloved sand
Earth that cradles me so, and faithfully carries me on.

No hay comentarios:

return

Sea of Dreams