lunes, 3 de mayo de 2021

50 Shades of Me

I can be hard,
hard on myself,
hard on others.
I can be unapproachable,
damn right unnegotiable,
resisting all urge to communicate.
I can be savage,
my roots firmly pulling me towards the ground.
I am often kind, and understanding
always willing to lend a helping hand. 
I practice patience on a daily basis
and continually sing from the top of my lungs.
The dancer inside me is my most powerful voice,
for it's a vocabulary I've had,
since the beginning of time.
I can be a frightened little girl,
and often pull away to escape.
A playful companion,
that loves the sun as much as the moon.
I can be judgemental,
choosing to play some holy self righteous queen.
I can show  my fangs,
when my anger rages from the deep. 
I often hide, 
when the truth is,
I'm always hoping to be found.
I can be artsy, sometimes fartsy.
I'm a lover of animals and those long nights when the family sings together.
I am often cautious,
sometimes reckless.
I've been called undisciplined, immature and I'm sure a hundred things more.
I like to be creative, with letters being the weapon that I weild. 
I can be a worrywort plagued with indecision and doubt.
I continually try to fill the shoes of my ancestors,
paths which the Universe so graciously provides.
I hate to admit it but my jealousy can sometimes get the best of me.
I am reactive, often jumping to conclusions and responding like a child.
Coiling ever so gracefully, this multifaceted,  tumultuous, extraordinaire
are the hues of light, embedded in this vessel  
it's all that I truly am.




No hay comentarios:

return

Sea of Dreams