viernes, 20 de abril de 2018

the 4th wall

lately I've those images
that needn't be captured on "film"
their permanence in my mind
will last until I part and
that day 
I remember so clearly
even more so, I have even succumbed to the temptation
of reliving it over, ...and over again
the weather couldn't have been more perfect
as luscious breezes accompanied my steps
while I calmly conversed yet upon
"this" entrance
my whole being froze.
(it has been brought to my attention that I scare and run easily)
Rightly so!
In theatre I always loved the notion of breaking that Fourth wall
yet never had I to achieve it.
For I always sat, 
quiet observer, 
tucked into the light booth, 
a great distance from the stage.
(and danger)
A subtle approach, sigh, to no avail.
and I remember 
entering a crowd
the sight of this "being", 
stopped me cold in my tracks
without a doubt, I stopped breathing immediately
and my heart it beat so fiercely, I feared that all could hear
and then, everything around me, 
suddenly vanished into thin air.
Quickly, I saw an escape route 
as I feigned absolute innocence
and calm, forever calm
So close was I, to fulfilling *that* dream
I ran far, I ran fast, 
I remained silent and waited for the storm to pass
.....to be continued

No hay comentarios:

return

Sea of Dreams